Tuesday 12 June 2012

All is vanity

Unfortunately I only have a quick post for you today. I've been trying to write something every day since I began blogging last Wednesday, but today was just one of those slow days with nothing much going on. Since I wasn't getting dressed up to go anywhere, I thought that instead I could leave you with a few cute things I've been craving recently in place of an outfit of my own. The title is a quotation from one of the novels I'm currently reading: Thackeray's Vanity Fair. I felt it was fitting because this post will be purely aesthetic and likely devoid of any extraordinary feats of wit. These two dresses are from Anthropologie; a store not in my city nor in my price range at the moment! Let's just drool over these lovely pieces together and imagine we're looking glamorous on a yacht somewhere (I'm picturing the "Money Money Money" scene in the Mamma Mia film with Meryl Streep) instead of lazing around the house and dealing with university craziness (see previous post).

Anthropologie "Elornis Shift," $168; Flamingoes are one of my favourite animals, and the colour? Hello, it's coral. Obviously I'm going to love it.
Anthropologie "Dorian Vest Dress," $268; This dress just looks so crisp and clean, I can really picture myself in it. Plus, my literary reference lobe links this fine garment to an Oscar Wilde novel. Three guesses which one!
I'm going to see Prometheus tomorrow night, so look forward to a FOTD and an OOTD in the days to come as well as my response to the film. I'm sure I'll have something to say! Have any of you seen it? What did you think?
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment