Thursday 2 August 2012

It's because he's a muscular genius

Something very strange has happened recently. I know I mentioned in a previous post my general distaste for the most recent Batman series , but I watched "The Dark Knight" the other day and then went out and bought "Batman Begins." Here are my theories on the reason for enjoying them more this time around:
  1. They are best watched out of order. This time I've tackled the problem by starting with the second film.
  2. Robin was obviously the best character ever and he didn't make it into the latest franchise so I've been subconsciously boycotting them.
  3. Superhero movies are a hit and miss with me. Spiderman: miss. Iron Man: miss. Captain America: HIT! Maybe I should pursue the ones without "man" in the title?
  4. As Jay explains in "Modern Family" (which I've just started watching; see last post), Batman is a "muscular genius." I used to write Batman off because I felt that he relied too much on gadgets and not enough on sweet alien powers (although, I oddly also dislike Superman and there's one dude who's all about the alien powers), but I'm starting to get the impact of the whole life story that gets played out in this series.
  5. I will basically watch anything in which Joseph Gordon-Levitt has a somewhat dominant role (see review of "Brick" here). This willingness will truly be tested when I see "The Dark Knight Rises" however, due to the supreme irritation inflicted on me by watching Anne Hathaway. My love for her pretty much begins and ends with her exaggerated "Gueeess not" when Gabbana is not spelt for her over the phone in "The Devil Wears Prada." 
 Also in the category of things that are strange for me to do, I wore red yesterday. Let us scoop up our collectively dropped jaws and move on. This news should definitely rank somewhere between "J.K. Rowling is a billionaire?" and "you can almost smell the Lush store from across the mall" on the scale all things ridiculously uninformative and/or obvious. And nothing against Lush, but if I ever got a job there, I think I might be asphyxiated by the million and two scents in that small, small space. Anyway, yes, I did in fact stray towards coral's spaghetti sauce coloured cousin and I felt that this uncharacteristic dressing choice must be documented. 
Skirt: Old navy; Shoes: Guess via TJMaxx
As well, girls with short hair can do more than just wear it down! Braiding my hair has become a great option for me when I don't feel like pulling out the straightener on a hot day (and when something absolutely MUST be done with my hair because it's way too thick).
Top: Banana Republic
This post was supposed to contain my OOTD (check) and two movie reviews (neither of which was going to be Batman. . . oops) but it turns out that I was not at all at a loss for words! Have you seen "The Dark Knight Rises" yet? What are your feelings about superhero films (such a serious issue, I know)?

-C

3 comments:

  1. You look lovely in red - you should wear it more often! But I'm biased; I love red so much, I almost have myself convinced it's a neutral :) I haven't seen the new Batman yet. I prefer the more smart-alecky superheroes, Iron Man being my favourite. Captain America is a really excellent superhero move in my book, too.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I laughed about red being a neutral, but I guess there are so many "what's black and white and red all over" jokes that we can pretty much put it on par with these shades! haha

      Delete
  2. this look is super pretty!! And i like this hairdo!! :)

    i like batman, seen the last one ) liked it )

    ReplyDelete